Blogtober Day One | All about me
This year I have decided to take part in Blogtober, I have never attempted it before in fact this is the first year I had heard of it. I have tried Blogmas a couple of times before and never completed it. So I could be classed as crazy for taking part again in another blog writing challenge. I have been blogging for over seventeen years not very successfully. It started over at Live Journal, where it was all about social more than anything else. Life with Amelia has been here since February 2010 when I found out I was pregnant and I wanted to keep a record.
My name is Rachel, I’m 39 years old (it’s not often that I act it, well maybe at work). I have been married to Sascha (who is originally from Germany) for the past 13 years, and we have a little girl called Amelia who is nearly 8, and in year 3 at school, she is an only child.
Life with Amelia has evolved from the pregnancy/early years record it was created for, into a family lifestyle blog. I write a bit of everything, dependant on my mood. When and where inspiration hits (I am not really one for labels. So I have never worked out what my niche is, no matter what the blogging bibles say).
10 Quick facts about me
- At 39 and a half, I have only just started my first real beauty routine.
- I love starting new projects, but I need to learn to follow through with them.
- I have read 125 books so far this year.
- Binge watching television shows used to be my favourite past time. But I haven’t done it since Amelia was born. In fact I hardly watch any telly now.
- I was a vegetarian until Octoberish 2017, I hate the fact my will broke.
- I love to travel. Favourite places so far, New York and Berlin.
- Procrastination seems to continuously kick my butt at the moment.
- Bell Peppers are the spawn of Satan.
- Love bright colours, magnolia and grey interiors are my thing of nightmares.
- Never watched a full episode of The Walking Dead.